Blonde Espresso Roast
To launch Starbucks new Blonde Espresso Roast and deliver a data-driven OOH ad campaign, targeting and converting coffee drinkers across the UK.
- Ada was used to build a custom behavioural audience through mobile location data over a 6 month period.
- The 'Coffee House Hopper' audience was identified as people who frequently visit high street coffee houses but are not loyal to any particular one.
- The best performing Large Format Digital inventory was selected to be part of the OOH media buy.
- All data in Ada is timestamped, allowing insight around time of day and day of week to be integrated into the planning.
- The campaign was then measured against brand metrics to determine the effectiveness of OOH and Ada on a 'Coffee House Hopper' audience.
- The Ada campaign informed consumers of the new blonde roast. After being exposed, +45% said they were likely to try the new roast. Among niche Starbucks audiences this increased even further.
- As a result of exposure to the OOH campaign 25% of consumers made an incremental visit to Starbucks.
- 57% of those exposed to the campaign took some kind of action. Rising to 8 in 10 among specific roast choosers. The majority of consumers talked about the campaign or recommended it to others.
+ 45 %
likely to try new roast
visited a Starbucks
took some kind of action