To embed Spotify “into the natural rhythm of people’s lives”
- Our strategy had to be strong as OOH was the sole broadcast medium and reach driver for this campaign.
- The campaign had to dominate on a variety of formats and environments for the striking creative and humorous copy to truly stand out.
The first wave celebrated the Spotify’s usergenerated playlists, bringing humour to the campaign.
Using their own data, Spotify curated a mix of headlines to best relate to the actual activities and playlists of UK users.
The second wave celebrated 2016, with “Thanks 2016, it’s been weird”, again focusing on Spotify-curated and usercurated playlists
- With over 200 Underground platforms equipped with Wi-Fi, and connected commuters traveling via all modes of transport, the blend of OOH formats used tapped into moments when people were listening to music.
- Key DOOH formats launched the campaign, in addition to 6-sheets and banner formats in key cities.
- Underground 16-sheets, Showcase Squares and wrapped Routemaster Buses maintained recency throughout the campaign period.
- We owned the morning commute through 10-weeks of premium Digital OOH formats across Roadside, Rail and Underground.
- The copy was changed weekly to keep messaging fresh and relevant.
- People exposed to the campaign 6+ times used Spotify +76% more frequently and for +19 mins longer than other users
- 15% of exposed individuals became new Spotify users, and showed higher levels of activity in terms of frequency and usage duration.
- Spotify’s brand affinity was improved in a competitive environment
- People recalling the OOH creative were +40% more positive towards the brand
mins longer listening
+ 15 %