- To raise brand awareness and receive PR during the solar eclipse in a contextually relevant way.
- We wanted Oreo to position their brand in a playful and creative manner but with an added layer of intelligence.
- We placed the brand at the centre of a moment where the whole country was talking and looking in the same direction.
- As the astronomical event was predicted to be obscured by clouds, we used Oreos to re-create the eclipse across the country in real-time on digital screens.
- Royal Astronomical Society data enabled us to mirror exact timings and trajectory of the eclipse – no matter where in the UK.
- The best digital OOH sites in London and Edinburgh were used to best capture the synchronised creative.
- The full cycle of the Oreo Eclipse was captured on time lapse video and then edited into a 10 second film and distributed across social media.
- A simple hashtag #OreoEclipse encouraged further sharing.
- The campaign was further supported by the first-ever translucent cover wrap of the UK’s biggest selling newspaper The Sun.
- Year on year sales for the month following the communication rose significantly.
- This made March 2015 Oreo’s biggest ever sales month.
- The campaign was supported by the first ever translucent cover wrap of the UK’s biggest selling newspaper The Sun.
- The viral effect of the OOH activity alone generated more than 6,000 tweets from approximately 40 different countries.
- Oreo Eclipse video was viewed more than 20 million times and counting in the UK.
Sun's Out it's Pimm's O' Clock
FreshForPandas - Launch
Sony Pictures - Venom
UKTV Play - Smarter as Standard
A campaign using real-time data and contextual environments to promote the broadcaster’s new on demand offering.
Elizabeth Arden - Prevage
A live pollution meter to educate women on the side effects of pollution on the skin.