2. What data do we collect
In the course of our business, we may request that you supply us with Personal Data. For example, when you want us to provide you with information or services. In addition, we may collect information about how you use our website, social media, marketing channels and from the devices you use to access the website. The Personal Data requested and collected may include but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Bank account details
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Mobile device ID
- Details of financial or accounting transactions, including billing information and/or delivery address information
- Marketing preferences
Data collected from the website is linked to cookies which we receive and process.
We do not collect Sensitive Personal Data (including, for example, information on race or ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, criminal record or other sensitive issues) except to the extent that any such information may be appropriate as part of Talon’s recruitment processes as an equal opportunities employer.
To the extent that any Sensitive Personal Data is collected, specific consent will be sought for its use, and it will only be used for the specific purpose intended. Talon will only disclose Sensitive Personal Data to trusted third parties where such disclosure is with the individual’s specific consent. We also have additional security measures in place to protect Sensitive Personal Data and its confidentiality.
If you have reason to believe that any Personal Data that we have about you is out of date or inaccurate, please contact us using the contact details below, so that we can arrange for this to be amended.
3. Why do we collect Personal Data
We collect and process Personal Data based on your consent, in compliance with legal obligations, for the contractual provision of our services or for the purposes of our legitimate business interests.
Such legitimate business interests may include, but are not limited to:
- responding to requests, questions and comments;
- operating, evaluating and improving our business
- performing data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research and trend analysis);
- protecting against, identifying and preventing fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements; and
- evaluating your interest in employment with Talon and contacting you regarding possible employment
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Talon may also use third-party web analytics services (such as, for example, Google Analytics) on our website and social media channels. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, to help us analyse how visitors use the website.
4. Your rights
You may have some or all of the following rights in respect of Personal Data that we hold about you:
- To object to our processing of your Personal Data, including profiling. If you raise an objection to this, we will stop processing the data, unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds to continue that processing;
- To access your Personal Data. On request, we are required to provide you with information that we hold on you, including a description and copy of the Personal Data (see 12 below), and why we are processing it
- To request erasure of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, but this will not apply where the data is required for legal purposes, or for legitimate business purposes (such as research or statistical purposes).
- To request correction or updating of the Personal Data that we hold about you that is inaccurate;
- To request the restriction of our processing of your Personal Data in some situations.
- To withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data. If you do withdraw consent, that will not affect the lawfulness of what we have done with your Personal Data before you withdrew consent;
- To contact the Information Commissioners Office with any concerns about our collection or use of your Personal Data. If we cannot resolve your questions or concerns, you also have the right to seek remedy before a UK court.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to Personal Data, please contact us on email@example.com.
5. How do we store Personal Data
Talon holds Personal Data in a combination of electronic and hard copy files, and may also store Personal Data with a third-party data storage provider. We take reasonable steps, including the use of secure storage, to ensure that the personal data we hold is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Where we store Personal Data with a third-party data storage provider, we require them to keep it secure and only use, or make it available to us, for the purpose for which it was provided.
6. Retention of Personal Data
The period for which we may retain Personal Data will depend on the purposes for which the information was collected, but we will not keep the Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was provided, unless we are required by law or we have other legitimate interests (for example regulatory compliance) which requires us to keep it longer.
7. How do we protect Personal Data
Personal Data is kept confidential, secure and up to date, through a range of physical, technical, administrative and operational safeguards that are designed to prevent loss, disclosure and unauthorised access (by both employees and third parties). We also take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties that we deal with, have similar safeguards to ensure that any Personal Data is protected.
Talon uses a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Talon website. As part of this service, the third party processes the IP addresses of visitors to the site, but these IP addresses are not tied to any other form of identification. This monitoring protects the website from malicious attacks.
Notwithstanding the security measures taken, and although we will do our best to protect personal data, complete security cannot be guaranteed. For example, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore any sharing of Data by you needs to be at your own risk.
8. Transfer of Personal Data
Personal Data may be transferred to other group companies and trusted third parties outside the UK, but the Lead Supervisory Authority in respect of cross border transfers to and from Talon will be the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the United Kingdom.
What Personal Data do we share
In addition, Talon may disclose information to third –parties in certain other limited circumstances, as follows:
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process,
- to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request, or
- if we believe disclosure is necessary in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
In the event that Talon sells or buys any business or assets, we reserve the right to disclose Personal Data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets, subject to their being appropriate confidentiality provisions in place.
10. Our responsibility for website links
11. Under 13 Year Olds
Talon’s services, including its website, are designed for a general audience, but it is not our intention to attract children under 13 to our website, social media, or other marketing channels, and we do not knowingly collect or process Personal Data relating to any person under the age of 13. We would discourage children under the age of 13 from using our website social media or other marketing channels, or from providing any Personal Data to the company.
12. How to obtain a copy of Personal Data
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your Personal Data corrected.
Specifically you may be entitled to access certain Personal Data we maintain about you and obtain a copy of that information (this can be in a machine readable form, such as CSV, such that you can take it elsewhere).
To obtain a copy of the Personal Data we hold on you, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org . To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
13. What to do if your information or choices change
If you wish to update your Personal Data, make changes to your preferences, no longer wish to receive information that you have requested or if you have any queries about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us on email@example.com . We will take action to make any changes requested as soon as we reasonably can.
16. Contact us
If you have any questions or comments in relation to this policy, or if you would like to update any information we may have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Privacy and Data Protection
Talon Outdoor Limited
Holden House (2nd Floor)
57 Rathbone Place
17. Applicable Law
18. Further information
If you require further information on privacy and data protection generally, please visit the ICO website which oversees data protection compliance in the UK: ico.org.uk
Last updated 24th May 2018.