World Car Free Day
- World Car Free Day takes place on the 22nd September in a bid to tackle climate change.
- In London, road closures or bus only zones will be enforced between 10.30 and 5pm on the day with 20 kilometres of roads closed in central London around Tower Bridge, London Bridge and the City.
- So far 18 boroughs across Greater London have also confirmed they will close more than 200 streets to traffic, transforming them into “Play Streets” for community events.
- Events will include BMX rides, skate ramps, pop-up playgrounds, live music, street performances, sports, treasure hunts, food markets, art installations, and health and wellbeing activities.
- It is hoped that more than 150,000 Londoner participate.
Please contact Talon for further information.