Using OOH to target young TV audiences
- 82% of 16-34 year olds are heavily exposed to OOH suggesting that OOH is a key support broadcast medium to target audiences less exposed to TV advertising.
- DOOH is particularly relevant for this audience since 16-34s are 12% more likely to see it - making it an efficient way to reach them.
- Viewing to broadcast TV has fragmented across numerous platforms and latest annual decline is around 10 minutes to an average of 3 hours 23 minutes per day.
- 16-34 year olds view 59 mins of YouTube per day on a device other than a TV set.
- A 33% impact decline for 16-34s over last 5 years means TV campaign delivery shortfall.
- OOH reaches key audiences like 16-34s - who are also light TV viewers - therefore a natural audience complement to a TV schedule.
- Broadcast characteristics and fast build of reach enables complementary messaging to land with key audiences.
- 2019 TV inflation is expected to rocket, creating a significant divide vs impacts delivery.
- OOH can deliver +12-26% reach impact for same spend when combined with TV.
- Using OOH in conjunction with TV, boost long term business effects by +17%.
Please contact Talon for further information.