- Mother’s Day is on Sunday 31st March and remains the most purchased for event in Spring/Summer season.
- Over 60% of the UK spend money for Mother’s Day.
- On average consumers in the UK spend £34 on gifts.
- Consumers spend approx. £260m on flowers and £50m on greetings cards - 25% more than Valentine’s Day.
- 18% of consumers spent money on more experiential gifts such as special food to have at home or a trip away.
- 46% of consumers often leave shopping until last minute – rising to 50% of men and 54% of 16-24’s.
- 67% of those who bought gifts did so at a supermarket.
- Mother’s Day seen as a must not miss family occasion with a mobile audience visiting relatives or out socialising.
- A great platform for brands to push a short-term message with smaller budgets especially for female brands and brand associations.
- Digital OOH enables clients to get a relevant, contextual message out to a large audience in the run up Mother’s Day including personalised messages.
- Ideal opportunity to target commuters and shoppers and influence last minute purchase decisions.
- A great case for Supermarket POS - £1 of every £10 spent on clothing, footwear or accessories is spent in a supermarket. POS advertising is effective with an average +17% sales uplift during campaign and +9% post campaign.
Please speak to Talon regarding opportunities around this event.