- Mother’s Day is on Sunday 31st March and remains the most purchased for event in Spring/Summer season.
- Over 60% of the UK spend money for Mother’s Day.
- On average consumers in the UK spend £34 on gifts.
- Consumers spend approx. £260m on flowers and £50m on greetings cards - 25% more than Valentine’s Day.
- 18% of consumers spent money on more experiential gifts such as special food to have at home or a trip away.
- 46% of consumers often leave shopping until last minute – rising to 50% of men and 54% of 16-24’s.
- 67% of those who bought gifts did so at a supermarket.
Please speak to Talon regarding opportunities around this event.