- Golden Week takes place over Chinas National Holiday from the 1st – 7th October. This unusually long public holiday encourage international travel and shopping focussed activities.
- Chinese tourists collectively are the biggest spenders in the UK luxury fashion market taking 23% closely followed by Americans who take 7%. (Global Blue 2017)
- Chinese shoppers make 75% of their luxury purchases overseas and drive 32% of sales worldwide (Reuters 2018)
- The average Chinese visitor spends nearly £3000 - four times more than the average.
- Selfridges reports increased year-on-year spending by 65%. Harrods hire over 100 interpreters and Westfield Chinese-speaking concierges.
Please contact Talon for further information.