- Father’s Day is on Sunday 16th June 2019. It is a celebration of fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society.
- 40% of UK consumers plan to buy retail goods and the market is worth approx. £700m.
- Cards, food & drink and clothing prove popular gifts. 21% of shoppers intend to buy clothing making it the third most popular purchase.
- 28% of people will travel to go and visit their family on the day.
- Father’s Day is seen as a must not miss family occasion with mobile audience visiting relatives or out socialising.
- A highly mobile audience on Father’s Day itself; more activity-oriented than Mother’s Day, therefore a wider scope of opportunities.
- Ideal opportunity to promote last minute gifting/entertainment.
- A great platform for FMCG brands to push a short-term message with smaller budgets.
- 33% will purchase their gift in a shopping mall or the high street and over a half at the supermarket (Clear Channel)
- Commuters spend a third more than the average adult on Father’s Day gifts.
- Digital OOH enables clients to get a relevant, contextual message out to a large audience.
Please speak to Talon regarding opportunities around this event.