Back to School
OOH is uniquely placed to be the key channel for brands to reconnect with the public as we return to towns and cities and visit friends and family. The lifting of restrictions will be a momentous social and cultural awakening as people emerge from enforced isolation and break free from laptops, mobiles and TV.
- The market is worth approx. £1billion - making back to school the 3rd biggest spending seasonal event in the UK (after Black Friday and Christmas).
- Approx. 75% of spend is on uniform, sportswear and sports equipment, 20% on stationary and accessories and 5% on books.
- This is also a key time for students starting or returning to university later on in the month.
- The average university student spends over £250 a week with approx. 25% of that on alcohol.
Ada offers bespoke and unique audience insight into real travel behaviours. The data can be used to hyper-focus campaigns to identify the locations that are seen more frequently when people return back to the real world. This can include capturing audiences like those travelling to family, stay-cationers and commuters.
- 86% of 7-15 year olds snack at least once a day and 52% of these eat a homemade packed lunch at school. POS is key in the lead up to the new school year.
- The most active categories in terms of advertising during the ‘back to school’ period are Food & Beverage, Retail, & Telecom/Technology.