Back to school
- Most children in the UK will return to school the week beginning Monday 2nd September 2019.
- The market is worth approx. £1billion - making back to school the 3rd biggest spending seasonal event in the UK (after Black Friday and Christmas).
- Approx. 75% of spend is on uniform, sportswear and sports equipment, 20% on stationary and accessories and 5% on books.
- This is also a key time for students starting or returning to university later on in the month.
- The average university student spends over £250 a week with approx. 25% of that on alcohol.
- Back to school shopping peaks in the last few weeks of the summer holidays with online search peaking around 22nd July.
Please contact Talon for further information.